Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Zoodles

Zoodles(Zucchini Noodles)

These are my latest craze! I am not Italian, so when I eat pasta it's basically only for the texture and is lacking vitamins and adds worthless calories. I decided to add shredded carrots to my zoodles this time and turned out great!

This recipe can replace the noodles in any pasta dish recipe. Time to get creative!…I am thinking of trying a stir-fry.




Recipe
Shredded Carrots (optional)
2-3 Medium Garlic Cloves, minced
4 Medium Zucchinis (about 80 calories)
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil (80 calories)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Thin slice zucchini stopping at the seeds.

Heat oil in medium pan over medium high heat. Add shredded carrots (if using carrot), cover and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and zucchini. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.

Yields 3 servings. About 53 calories per serving. I may lower the amount of oil, which will lower the calories.




No comments:

Post a Comment